NDTO and our partners have a full agenda of events, trade missions and trade shows planned for the second quarter (April-June) 2013. Below is a list of events. All initiatives are eligible for STEP ND funding.
- April 2013: Iraq – NDTO and partner companies will be traveling to Iraq and Kurdistan to discuss agribusiness partnership and trade opportunities, specifically those in the sugar beet industry.
- April 17-18: Heartland Shippers Conference, Minneapolis: NDTO is a Founding Midwest Trade/Shipper Association Sponsor for the premier shipping event in the Midwest. For more information visit http://www.cargobusinessnews.com/heartlandshippers/
- April 29-May 3: AGRISHOW, Brazil – This is a USCS-led event to the largest agricultural machinery and equipment trade show in Brazil, and an opportunity to present new technologies, products and production systems. For more information visit http://1.usa.gov/10BxsKl or contact Heather Ranck at Heather.Ranck@trade.gov
- May 3-12: Expo Santa Rita, Paraguay – NDTO and partners will lead a group of agribusiness companies to this largest trade show in Paraguay. Companies will also have an opportunity to participate in Gold Key services through the U.S. Commercial Service and schedule meetings with potential buyers. For more information on Expo Santa Rita 2013, visit http://www.exposantarita.com.py/
- May 14-17: NAMPO Harvest Days, South Africa – NDTO will lead agribusiness companies to the largest agriculture trade show in South Africa; companies will be eligible for booth space in the US Pavilion at the event. This will be the fourth year that NDTO has participated in NAMPO. For more information on the show, visit http://www.nampo.co.za/
- May 22-25: Agro 2013, Ukraine – NDTO’s Ukraine Market Manager, Andrey Sova, will host North Dakota companies in Kiev during Agro 2013, the leading exhibition for agriculture, machinery, livestock and food in Ukraine. For more information visit http://www.agro-expo.com/
- May 24-26: Astana Economic Forum – North Dakota will once again have a presence at Kazakhstan’s annual economic forum. This event will be attended by Lt. Gov. Drew Wrigley, North Dakota State University, the North Dakota Dept. of Agriculture and NDTO. For more information on the Astana Economic Forum visit http://aef.kz/en/
- May 2013: Brazil Reverse Mission – As a follow-up to the Brazil Trade Mission led by NDTO in January 2013, North Dakota will host a variety of Brazilian food buyers in May. Buyers have specific interest in pulse crops. For more information, contact Larry White at email@example.com
- June 10-14: Norway Trade Mission – Gov. Jack Dalrymple, NDTO and other partner organizations will travel to Oslo in June to discuss partnership and trade opportunities between North Dakota and Norway.
- June 19-21: Farm Progress, Canada – Machinery companies are invited to join us in the NDTO Booth at Canada’s largest trade show focused on dry land farm technology. For more information on Canada’s Farm Progress Show visit http://www.myfarmshow.com/
Other Shows and Focused Trade Missions that qualify for STEP ND funds include:
- April 30-May 2: SIAL Canada – http://www.sialcanada.com/sial/en/
- May 6-9: HOFEX, Hong Kong – http://www.hofex.com/
- May 14-17: Seoul Food & Hotel, South Korea –http://www.seoulfoodnhotel.co.kr/2009_IFIES_allworld/index.asp
- May 18-21: National Restaurant Association Show, Chicago – http://show.restaurant.org/Home
- June 17-20: Food Export Midwest’s ‘Mexico Focused Trade Mission’ – http://bit.ly/13UsDUa For more information contact Stephanie Sinner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 19-21: Food Export Midwest ‘Caribbean Buyers Mission’ – http://bit.ly/11rKf60 For more information contact Stephanie Sinner at email@example.com
- June 24-28: SIAL Brazil – http://www.informagroup.com.br/site/hotsite.asp?IdEvento=181