The Export Assistant Program identifies, screens and places talented graduate students within North Dakota businesses that want to expand their global business opportunities.
Export assistants, available through North Dakota State University and the University of North Dakota, are working today in many North Dakota industries including food processing, manufacturing and the medical equipment sector. Several former export assistants have moved on to careers in international business in North Dakota.
NDTO Member Company Benefits
- Graduate students are placed based on the needs of participating companies and the skills sets of students who can best meet company needs. Many of the students are bilingual and have significant business experience and contacts in high-demand foreign markets.
- Export Assistants work as much as 20 hours per week during the school year and become full-time staff – 40 hours a week – during
summer breaks. Participating companies commit to providing a two-year assistant-ship.
- Qualified graduate students help build global business – without a hefty price tag. Export Assistants earn $12 an hour of which is paid by the company.
- Participating companies report that the Export Assistant Program provides the resources needed to successfully pursue global business opportunities that otherwise would not have been realized.
Export Assistant Benefits:
- Earn a paycheck.
- Gain valuable work experience related to their graduate studies.
- Earn college credit and tuition assistance.
- Make professional connections that can put them on the fast track to success.
- After graduation, may be eligible to enroll an Optional Practical Training program, which allows them to work for an export
company for one year.
For more information or to apply to be an Export Assistant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the Export Assistant brochure.